Be Mindful is always interested in adding more teachers to our team. If you are interested in becoming a teacher with our organization, we require a minimum of one year personal practice and training in at least two different researched backed mindfulness pedagogies. Please review the prerequisite requirements below and check our Events Page for upcoming trainings.
Upon meeting prerequisites, we also require completion of Be Mindful Instructor Training where you will learn our methodology of teaching, how to apply various pedagogy to meet individual needs of a community being served, differences in teaching adults vs children and how to work with and correspond with clients as a representative of Be Mindful.
The next Be Mindful Instructor Training is June 17-18 2016, in Denver, CO
Prerequisites for Be Mindful Instructor Training
Be Mindful requires that all of our instructors have a minimum of one year personal mindfulness practice and training in a minimum of two of the following:
1. Completion of a 6 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course
- Kaiser Permanente offers MBSR classes at a reasonable price.
- Online Mindfulness training
2. Completion of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) course
- Online MBCT training
3. Curriculum Training such as Mindful Schools, .b, or MindUP
4. An extensive retreat may be substituted on a case by case basis.