We are always looking for highly-qualified mindfulness instructors with an appetite for excellence and impact.
If you are interested in working with Be Mindful, please submit a resume or CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Instructor Qualifications:
- Minimum of one (preferably 3+) years personal mindfulness practice.
- Training in a minimum of two of the following mindfulness courses:
- 8 Week Online MBSR Training
- Mindful Life Mindfulness Training for Teachers
- Mindful Schools Mindfulness Fundamentals
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Course
- Mindful Schools Educator Essentials Course
- Mindfulness in Schools Project .b Training
- Equivalent experience may be substituted for one of the above.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What exactly does Be Mindful offer in the way of assistance/support if we decide to contract with the organization?
- As part of a 501(c)3 organization, you have more funding opportunities to support your work.
- Nationally-recognized branding and marketing, with tools to pitch your programs to potential clients
- Support from a group of highly-qualified and experienced mindfulness instructors and researchers with the tools to help you implement and evaluate impactful and sustainable programs.
- Curriculum development support to produce customized curriculum to best fit the needs of each client.
- Pre- and post- evaluation tools to evaluate and improve your classes.
Is Be Mindful curriculum developed for a corporation the same as it is for schools?
All of our programs are custom-tailored to fit the needs of every client. Our programs for schools look different than our programs for first responders, pilots, corporations, and nonprofits. They also look different within each community we serve. For example, not all of our youth programs look the same - our suburban school programs look different than our inner city schools for the same grade, which differ from our work with homeless youth.
How long does it take to create curriculum?
Curriculum development takes about 1 – 3 months for most of our programs. However, for some communities it could take longer. For example, our work with airline pilots took over 6 months to develop because there was extensive research to understand FAA regulations, flightpath standards, startle response, simulation training, etc. Likewise, our training with neurosurgeons that will are the process of developing, will take extensive research to understand the full needs of that community.
With Be Mindful school programs, who is being taught – the teachers or the students?
Research shows "train-the-trainer" is not an effective delivery model for mindfulness). Our typical program consists of an 8-week program for students as well as a workshop and weekly instructions for teachers to engage in exercises for their own personal practice. Additional support is provided for parents.
If we are teaching at a school, how long would we be there (thinking about travel, etc.)?
Our typical school program runs 8 classes, once a week for 8 weeks. 2-3 teachers are needed to teach just one full school program. You should look at starting off trying to teach 1 full school program and expanding from there.
Some school districts implementing mindfulness programs have gotten push-back based on the idea that mindfulness is a specific spiritual practice. Has your organization experienced this and how was it handled?
Be Mindful teaches Construct Mindfulness: the science, practice, and extension of mindfulness as studied in the top universities and research institutions in the world. More than 6,000 studies of the effects, benefits, and challenges mindfulness practice have been conducted to date.